I must say, I have never really enjoyed black bean salsa, especially if it has canned tomatoes in the recipe…however, I took a few days to really research the ingredients that I would want in my own salsa. The only canned items are the black beans… Mmm! The sauce is simple and its easy to adjust to your liking! This would go great with a Mexican themed dinner such as Shrimp enchiladas!! Hmm….Shrimp enchiladas…maybe a new blog post? Have fun and ENJOY!!!!
Makes: 6 servings
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Corn, 10 oz. frozen then thawed (If you don’t have any fresh)
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
Mix ingredients in a large bowl….
Cover and chill overnight….