I love lasagna! It is a very highly rated comfort food for me and I love making my own sauce, however, if I am running out of time I use Barilla sauce and add a few ingredients to it. Hope you all enjoy this recipe!
Makes: 12 servings
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 box (9 oz.) No-Boil Lasagna Noodles
1 Container (15 oz.) Ricotta Cheese
4 Cups (16 oz.) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (divided)
1/2 Cup (2 oz.) Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 lb. Italian Sausage or Ground Beef (bulk) (cook, crumble and drain)
2 Jars of Marinara Sauce or (homemade spaghetti sauce)
Preheat oven to 375, spray baking dish (13x9x3) with non-stick spray, remove noodles (approx. 16) sheets from box DO NOT BOIL!! In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, stir in ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. (If you plan on using a 2″ deep pan, you may want to only do 2-3 layers to avoid boil over….I also use butter around the edges of the dish after assembling, this also helps from boil overs).
When layering, you can slightly overlap the sheets because the lasagna will expand during baking. Assemble:
- spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of dish
- layer 4 uncooked sheets, 1/3 ricotta mixture, 1/2 browned meat, 1 cup of mozzarella, and 1 cup of sauce.
- layer 4 more sheets, 1/3 ricotta mixture, and 1 1/2 cups of sauce
- layer 4 more sheets, 1/3 ricotta mixture, browned meat, and 1 cup of sauce
- layer the last of the sheets, the remaining sauce and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
Bake, covered with foil until bubbly approx 50-60 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until cheese is slightly browned and melted about 5 minutes.
This recipe makes 12 servings….very delish!
I also use cottage cheese in place of ricotta, but I prefer the texture of ricotta (very smooth and easy on the palate).